The Clarendon Fund is a major graduate scholarship scheme at the University of Oxford, offering around 140 new scholarships every year. Clarendon Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and potential across all degree-bearing subjects at graduate level at the University of Oxford.
- University of Oxford in United Kingdom
Level/Field(s) of study:
- All degree-bearing courses at graduate level in any subject are eligible. This encompasses all full-time and part-time master’s and all DPhil courses.
- A list of all the graduate courses offered by the University of Oxford can be found on the Courses page.
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
Number of Awards:
- Approximately 140 scholarships are offered every year.
- All applicants from any country
- All Clarendon Scholarships cover tuition and college fees in full.
- Scholars on a full-time course receive a generous annual grant for living costs – which will be at least £14,777 for 2018-19. Scholars on a part-time course receive a study support grant to help cover their non-fee costs.
- The scholarships are normally offered for the full period for which you are liable to pay tuition fees to the University, which is usually the same as the length of your course.
- Clarendon Scholarships are awarded on the basis of outstanding academic merit and potential to graduate students from all around the world.
- Scholarships are tenable in all subject areas and are open to candidates who apply for a new master’s or DPhil course by the January admissions deadline.
- If you apply for a full- or part-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford by the January deadline for your course, you will automatically be considered for a Clarendon Scholarship.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents specifically for the Clarendon Scholarships – there is no separate scholarship application form.
- You do, however, need to apply before the January deadline (25 January 2019) for your course if you wish to be considered for the scholarship.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford
Deadline: 25 Jan 2019 (annual)
Official Scholarship Website: