1. The Nigerian Army has resolved to collaborate with the Nigeria Customs Service for optimal performance. The Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Brigadier General Abdulmalik Bulama Biu, made this known on Friday 2 November 2018, during an operational study tour of participants of senior course 2 of the Nigeria Customs’ Command and Staff College Gwagwalada Abuja, to Headquarters 7 Division Maimalari Cantonment Maiduguri.
2. He informed the team that the Division is the eye of the Army in the fight against insurgency in the North East, stressing that customs has a long standing mutual working relationship with the Division and is committed to maintaining the ties.
3. He stated that the fight against insurgency is not the sole responsibility of one service alone since the war is multidimensional and dynamic in nature.
4. The Acting GOC, urged the participants to make use of the information provided during the study tour in the production of good research work that will enhance the optimal performance of personnel deployed within the theatre.
5. Earlier, the leader of the delegation and Deputy Commandant Adewale Bashir Adeniyi stated that, the students’ tour of the Division is to afford them an understanding of the operational strategies applied by the Division in combating Boko Haram and the challenges associated with asymmetric warfare.
6. He added that, the visit is to further prepare the Custom officers for command responsibilities in the event of their deployment to the theatre.
7. He also reiterated that, the study tour is in line with the Comptroller General of Customs Colonel Hameed Ali commitment to reposition the service for optimal performance, resulting in the attachment of a technical assistant team to assist in areas of training.
8. He emphasized that, the Customs-Army collaboration has yielded positive results in the performance of command duties and responsibilities of the pioneer custom officers of the college.
9. Highlights of the visit include, inspection of Quarter Guard by the Deputy Commandant of the College, operational brief among others. Present during the visit were some Principal Staff Officers and Commanders of the Division.
10. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium to the general public.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Director Army Public Relations